He is the longest serving Chief Deputy and Sergeant for the Precinct 1 Constable office from (2005 to 2020). Willie served under the leadership of Constable Henry Jackson for over 15 years. His 22 years of experience as a licensed peace officer makes him highly knowledgable of the residents and businesses throughout Precinct 1. Combined with his humble upbringing and life experiences, his extensive law enforcement experience has given him leadership skills to ignite the passion for political change in Smith County. His focus is always first and foremost on safety, enforcing the law and being honest to people.
Since 2001, it has been Willie's mission to uphold the local and state laws, treat everyone with respect and kindness, keep people's safety a top priority and to improve the overall well being of the Precinct 1 residents and businesses. Willie is a U.S. Army veteran and served two tours between 1986 to 1992. He is a family man that understands the value of the American Dream in Smith County and what that means for the members of the Precinct 1 community. He prides himself on being a man that you can trust; always working toward what’s best for the people.
1. He is decisive and confident to lead the Precinct 1 Constable office.
2. His 22 years as a peace officer helps him be a pragmatic and fair leader.
3. He is focused on the betterment of Precinct 1.
4. His core values are honesty, integrity and respect; these core values are driven home in every interaction he has with the People and Community of Precinct 1.
A constable for the People.
a constable you can trust.
Active in the
"Willie Mims stands as a reliable figure, embodying the essence of a Constable who truly has the community's best interests at heart."
from Carribbean Kitchen, Owner
"Good man here. Mims knows his community and knows the people."
from KLTV, Sports Director
"You have ALWAYS had our back before this even started. That's why we love you & we let our VOTES SPEAK LOUDLY."
S. Denise Clark
from Precinct 1
*Tyler Football Officials Referee & Tyler Basketball Officials Referee (2020 to current)
* Tyler Women's Coalition Chapter Member
* DeWitt Masonic Lodge #429 Member & 2018-19 Mason of the Year
*Aqaba Temple #173 Member
*Whitehouse Tyler Metro Track & Field Assistant Coach (2020 to current)
* Tyler Organization of Men Member
* President and Vice President - East Texas Constable & Justice of the Peace Association (2018 - 2020)
* Funeral Escort Coordinator of multiple funeral homes in East Texas (2005 - 2020)
* National Night Out Coordinator (2006 - 2020)
*Precinct 1 Community Policing Program Coordinator (2007 - 2020)
* Tobacco Program Coordinator (2005 - 2017)
Involved. Well Respected. Trustworthy. respectful. honest.